Micro:Bit, the learning plateform for young engineer
The MicroBit is a wonderful learning plateform for poeple that wants to get started object programming. Based on an ARM processor, MicroBit also include lot of goodies like Bluetooth LE and other sensors.
MicroBit is a great learning plateform for young maker and scientists.
MicroBit is compatible with different coding languages:
- Block Editor & mobile apps (for beginner)
- Python (for more advanced users).
MicroBit contains a LED array (for display), buttons, bluetooth, compas, accelerometer and motion detector. The possibilities are endless.
Thank to its 20 pin connector, the MicroBit can be connected to other devices such as Raspberry PI.
This starterskit is the ideal kit for starters who want to program with block editor or the mobile apps.
The MicroBit hardware is composed of the following:
- Processor: ARM Cortex - M0, 32 bits microcontroller running at 16 Mhz
- RAM: 16 KB
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Display: made of a 5 x 5 LED matrix
- User interface: 2 push buttons
- Compass: use it to detect magnetic fields (or the North)
- Accelerometer: use it to detect speed changes (or shaking)
- GPIO: 17 general purpose input / output pins
- Micro USB connector (USB 2.0)
- Power supply:
- either via the micro-USB connector
- either via the battery holder: 2 x AAA
- Dimensions: 51 x 42 x 10 mm
- The Micro:bit
- The USB cable (to connect it to your computer)
- The battery holder
- The Batteries: 2 x AAA