Add relais & optoisolated entries via I2C interface
MOD-IO adds analog and digital inputs and outputs to any of our development boards using I2C bus. Easy to wire with UEXT connector, the MOD-IO is stackable.
If you work with any development boards exposing UEXT connector, you can easily add more digital and analog inputs/outputs. This board allows easy interfacing to 4 relays, 4 optoisolated digital inputs, 4 analog inputs.
MOD-IO is stackable and addressable, what does this mean? It means that these boards can plug together (or with other UEXT board) so that you can add as many inputs and outputs as you want! The MOD-IO has an ATmega16 microcontroller and the firmware is available for modification.
What's UEXT ?
UEXT is a connector carrying I2C bus + SPI bus + Serial + 3.3v power. It use a very standard 10 Pin IDC connector. It is quite easy to add sensors and extension board with UEXT connector... just plug it or wire it with IDC ribbon! Great.
Our favorite is the carrying of I2C bus allowing to easily add several sensors and expansion board. On the other side, SPI would be welcome for fast data transmission like remote screen. The serial connexion could be made compatible with RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, DMX512, MIDI by using appropriate level-shifting circuitery.
This connector is usually available on almost Olimex's product including nano computers. It is a great way to add extension boards on products like ESP8266 WiFi microcontroler or microcontroler board. UEXT is suited for prototyping, school learning (no need for iron) and industrial solution (Olimex produces Industrial Grade boards).
See our UEXT expansion or all products exposing UEXT connector on the shop, the Olimex's UEXT collection, Wikipedia to learn more about UEXT.
- Open source hardware board with ATmega16L-8AU microcontroller
- ICSP 5x2 pin connector for in-circuit programming with AVR-PG1, AVR-PG2, AVR-ISP500, AVR-ISP500-TINY, AVR-ISP500-ISO or other compatible to 10 pin ICSP layout
- JTAG 5x2 pin connector for in-circuit programming with AVR-JTAG, AVR-JTAG-USB or other compatible to 10 pin JTAG layout
- EXT extension connector for the unused AVR ports
- Status LED
- Reset IC ZM33064
- Quartz crystal oscilator circuit 8MHz
- DC-DC with input voltage 8-30VDC - this board can be powered from 24V industrial power supplies
- Power plug-in jack
- 4-optocoupler isolated inputs with screw terminals
- Input status LEDs
- 4-relay outputs with 5A/250VAC contacts with screw terminals
- Output status LEDs
- Four mounting holes 3.3 mm
- Dimensions 80x100 mm