Thermocouples are very sensitive and require a good amplifier with cold junction compensation. The MAX31855K does all this for us and can easily interface with any micro controller, even those without analog input. This breakout has a MAX31855 circuit, a 3.3V regulator with a 10uF decoupling capacity and a "Level shifting" circuitry for the adaptation of logic levels (3.3V - 5V), all assembled and tested.
Delivered with a 2-pin terminal block (to connect the thermocouple) and a pin header (to allow connection to a breadboard or perfboard).
Works very well with our Thermo couple type K.
New! This breakout has a MAX31855K instead MAX6675, which allows to measure a wider temperature range. Warning! The pin configuration of the MAX31855 isn't identical to the MAX6675. The addressing code is also different but the library supports both circuits. If you have MAX6675-based mounts, you will need to adapt the mounts to operate. the MAX6675 is no longer manufactured by the Maxim.
The 2.0 version now includes a ferrite pearl and a filtering capacity for better stability.
- Works with all K-type thermocouples
- Will not work with most other thermocouples.. thermocouples other than type-K
- Output from -200°C to 1350°C with an increment of 0.25.
- Internal reading of the temperature
- Power supply from 3.3 to 5V and compatible with logic levels!
- Output data on SPI, which requires only 3 digital I/O inputs/outputs.
- MAX31855 data sheet
- Length: 20mm
- Width: 20mm
- Height: 3.28mm
- Weight: 1.33g