Add an access gate to your Micro:bit village
The ACCESS:bit is designed to be bolt-on (or clip on) the BBC Micro:bit. The final setup simulate an access barrier. The kit integrates the battery holder (3xAAA), an on/off switch and the buzzer. The ACCESS:bit is a village accessories for transportation/pedestrian crossing which follows size of other micro:bit accessories like the STOP:bit and LAMP:bit.
The ACCESS:bit kit contains the servo-motor, the barrier, and the needed fixings. Once the Micro:bit fixed on the ACCESS:bit, its LED matrix can be used to display warning signals, stop/go symbols.
The ACCESS:bit is connected to the Micro:bit via the supplied M3 countersunk screws (you can also use crocodile clips). See the tutorial section for more information on the pinout.
The Access:bit do have a set of custom MakeCode editor blocks that make it easier to program, great to make it STEM activities for young student.
To add the custom blocks to the MakeCode menu, select the cog in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop down menu. This will bring up the search box, search for "Kitronik". Now, select the ACCESS:bit tile and the blocks will be added to the editor.
- The ACCESS:bit is an accessory for the BBC micro:bit that simulates an access barrier.
- It features and on/off switch, integrated battery cage and buzzer for sound.
- The micro:bit can bolt-on/clip-on to the board.
- It follows the same aesthetic as the STOP:bit and LAMP:bit.
- It can be used in conjunction with the STOP:bit and LAMP:bit for larger projects.
- Kitronik have created custom code blocks for the MakeCode Editor that are available as an Extension to the editor.
- Height: 89mm.
- Max Width (with barrier fully extended): 125mm.
- Max Depth (with servo affixed): 30mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
For each order, you will receive the access bit as a kit and requires some minutes to get assembled.
- 1x ACCESS:bit with integrated battery cage.
- 5x M3 Countersunk screws and M3 nuts.
- 1x servo motor (180 degrees).
- A single access barrier.
You will a need a Micro:bit (V1 or V2) to make this product working. The Micro:Bit is not included but you can easily find Micro:bits on our shop.