ZIP Halo (Neopixel ring) for BBC Micro:bit
- For the BBC Micro:Bit
- 24 smart RGB LEDs (WS2812B also named NeoPixel)
- Power supply: 3.5V à 5V
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Transform you Micro:bit into clock, stopwatch and advanced display with the Halo Zip
The Zip Halo is the equivalent of NeoPixels ring BUT designed for the BBC Microbit. Add lot of colour to your next coding project with this wonderfull add-on for the BBC micro:bit. The Halo has 24 smart/ZIP RGB LEDs, which are individually addressable full colour LEDs. This means that each LED can display a huge spectrum of colours, allowing amazing colourful effects like rainbow effect to to be achieved.
The Halo is connected directly onto the BBC micro:bit using five bolts which are secure and robust. The board also has extension connector pads (2.54mm) allowing to connect more smart/ZIP LEDs (see our MicroBit category or NeoPixel category) more ZIP LEDs to be connected. The P1 and P2 micro:bit pins are also broken out to 0.1" pads along with power and GND. This allows for additional connections to low power components such as sensors and switches.
The ring takes a supply voltage of 3.5V to 5V and provides a regulated power supply to BBC micro:bit.
Power supply can be connected using the JST input using a 3xAAA battery holder, or LiPo battery, or JST lead. Alternatively you can solder a power supply directly to the solder pads on the PCB.
Using this product requires a BBC Micro:bit to work properly.
See the Zip Halo in action on this YouTube Video.
- The Halo (ring) has 24 individually addressable ZIP LEDs.
- Compatible with Adafruit NeoPixel and other WS2812B driver code.
- Supply voltage: 3.5V to 5V.
- Halo is connected directly (screwed) onto the BBC micro:bit.
- The board also has extension connector pads.
- Diametre: 80mm
- Height: 3.2mm (10mm with the Micro:bit)
For each order, you will receive the Halo Zip for Micro:bit and needed screws (5x M3). The Micro:bit is not included!
- Guide For Using Kitronik ZIP LEDs With The BBC microbit (Kitronik, English)
- Zip Halo datasheet (Kitronik, English)
- WS2812B20 Datasheet