Servo:Lite board for Micro:bit - used with the :Move mini
This Servo:Lite board for the BBC micro:bit can form the control hub for your robotics project, control up top three servos & it has 5 x RGB ZIP LEDs on board.
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Use 2 servo-motors and RGB ZIP LEDs with a Micro:bit
The Servo:Lite board for the BBC micro:bit is a simple board that allows you to easily connect and control low power servo motors (servo's must be capable of operating at 3.3V) using the BBC micro:bit. It is connected to the micro:bit using five bolts. Connect two servos in standard configuration and it can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ZIP LEDs arent needed.
It is powered by 3 AAA batteries and also supplies power to the BBC micro:bit, the board features an On / off switch so when it's not in use the batteries won't drain.
The board also features 5 x RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible) and additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board as required.
We've produced a range of tutorials and guides that can be found in the "tutorials" section below. We have guides detailing; how to control a third servo and how to write code for the on-board ZIP LEDs.
The Servo:lite with a video
Kitronik did publish a Servo:Lite presentation video on YouTube.
- Connect two servos in standard configuration.
- Can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel) arent needed.
- Powered by 3 AAA batteries that also supply power to the BBC BBC Micro:bit (not supplied).
- On / off switch.
- 5 x RGB addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible).
Additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board.
- Length: 55mm.
- Height: 52mm.
- Height: 17mm.
- 1 x Servo:Lite board with battery holder pre-fitted.
- 5 x M3x8 Counter sunk Pozi Steel screws.
- 1 x Plexiglass spacer.
The Micro:bit, batteries and servos are not included
- Kitronik Custom PXT Editor Servo Blocks (Use this URL to add them to the PXT Editor).
- Guide For Kitronik Custom PXT Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Using Kitronik ZIP LEDs With The BBC microbit.
- WS2812B Datasheet.
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet.