M5Stack Core2 - the advanced core for ESP32 development
M5Stack Core2 is the second generation core device with advanced functions and enhancement.
The Core2 is not a replacement of the Core but like a a "new brother" in the family offering advanced features from the original cores. So the Core2 is not in the same price range than original Core.
The Core2 is propeled with an ESP32 microcontroler @ 240Mhz (D0WDQ6-V3, a dual core Xtensa 32-bit LX6 processors that can be controlled separately). As any ESP32, the WiFi and Bluetooth are supported and it 16MB Flash + 8MB PSRAM onboard. The Core2 also feature a USB TYPE-C for charging, uploading firmware/programs as well as serial-over-USB communication.
The Core2 also offer 2 inch capacitive touch screen (320 x 240 pixels), 3 virtual button (capacitive) and vibration motor.
The built-in RTC module provides accurate timing while the power management unit (AXP192) takes care of the power supply (control the base's power consumption, built-in power indicator LED). Compare to the original core, the battery capacity has been upgraded from 110mAh to 390mAh assuring a better lifetime to the project.
The microSD card slot and speakers are still present. The I2S amplifier ensure higher quality sound output and preventing signal distortion.
There are independent power and reset buttons on the left side and bottom of the base.
There are 3 capacitive buttons on the front of the screen (under the 3 icons) which are user programmable. There is a small expansion board on the back of the base with a 6-axis IMU sensor and microphone. The development platform and programming language supported by M5Stack Core2 are Arduino, UIFlow (using Blockly), MicroPython language. No matter what level of skill in development and programming, M5Stack will help You gradually turn your ideas into reality.
Core2 is suited for Internet of things (IoT) terminal controller, Stem education, DIY creation, Smart home equipment.
Summary of the Core2 feature
- ESP32-based, built-in Bluetooth,WiFi
- 16Mb Flash，8Mb external PSRAM
- Built-in speaker, power indicator, vibration motor, RTC, I2S amplifier, capacitive touch screen, power button, reset button
- TF card slot (16G Maximum size)
- Built-in lithium battery, equipped with power management chip
- Independent small board built-in 6-axis IMU, PDM microphone
- M-Bus Socket & Pins
- Program Platform: UIFlow, MicroPython, Arduino
- Power on: click the power button
- Power off: press the power button for 6s
- Restart: Click the RST button at the bottom
For each order, you will receive
- 1x M5Stack Core2
- 1x USB-C cable (~20cm)
- Microcontroler: ESP32-D0WD-V3 @ 240MHz, dual core, 600 DMIPS, 520KB SRAM, WiFi & dual mode Bluetooth
- Antenna: 2.4G 3D antenna
- Flash: 16MB
- PSRAM: 8MB (external RAM)
- Input Voltage: 5V @ 500mA
- Interface: 1x USB-C, 1x GROVE (I2C, I/O, UART)
- LCD: 320x240 IPS LCD Screen - 2" (ILI9342C)
- LCD Touch: capacitive touch (FT6336U)
- LEDs: Green power indicator light
- Buttons: Power buttons, RST buttons, 3x Virtual button on screen
- Vibration motor
- Micro: SPM1423
- Speaker: 1W-0928
- Audio Amplifier: NS4168 I2S amplifier
- IMU: 6-axis MPU6886
- RTC: BM8563
- PMU: AXP192 (Power Management Unit)
- USB-Serial: CP2104
- DC-DC Boost: SY7088
- Micro SD: 16Go Max.
- Battery: 390mAh Lipo @ 3.7V
- Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Weight: 52 gr Net
- Weight: 70 gr Net
- Size: 54 x 54 x 16mm (core module)
- Case: Plastic ( PC )