This expansion board is compatible with all PyCom products including WiPy 1 & 2, LoPy and SiPy.
It has 3 rows of connectors to connect all board formats.
You have a WiPy board and you would like to get started quickly but dive into the doc to find out how to turn it on, it's like "pulling the handbrake" when you have just taken the highway .
We are all impatient and that is understandable. Here is your very first tool to continue your adventure at cruising speed: the WiPy expansion board.
For each order, you will receive a fully assembled WiPy expansion board (WiPy and SD card not included)
- Power supply via USB or via LiPo.
- USB/Serial converter FT234XD.
- Lipo battery charger (see our batteries in the power supply range)
BQ24040 battery charger, with two recharging options (100mA and 450mA). See our Lipo tutorials on our Wiki. JST connector.
- TPS2115A voltage source multiplexer (TPS2115A data sheet, Texas Instrument) automatically switches from one power source to another. With reverse polarization protection.
- Connector for MicroSD card (ex: to save your data).
- 3 rows of female connectors allowing you to easily connect your WiPy or LoPy to the board.
- Status LED for power
- Recharge status LED.
- USB status LED (if connected via USB)
- 1 User LED
- 1 BUTTON user.
- Battery voltage monitoring via WiPy's ADC converter.
- Jumpers to activate / deactivate functions.
- Dimensions: 65 x 50 mm.
Use of pins
The expansion board uses several pins of your WiPy. You can disable some features by removing jumpers on the board.
See also the Expansion board diagram (GitHub WiPy, English)