Develop solutions over the 4 networks support by the lopy and ESP32
It is programmable with MicroPython with Atom editor & Pymakr plug-in for Atom. Lopy is also a fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover.
- Inexpensive, small and breadboard friendly
- Ultra low power (850uA with the WiFi connection active)
- 100% PYTHON PROGRAMMABLE
- Lots of GPIOs, interfaces and peripherals
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
The LoPy can act as both a LoRa Nano Gateway and a multi-bearer (LoRa, SigFow, WiFi and BLE) development platform. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India.
Warning: Using the LoRa radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
Using it as LoRa Nano Gateway
One of the most interesting feature of the LoPy is to use it as a nano LoRa gateway allowing you to connect up to 100 LoPy board to this gateway (source: PyCom). A nice way to create your private LoRa network (up to 5 km).
You can connect your nano LoRa gateway from a smartphone (in Bluetooth, or WiFi) or controling/programming your LoPy gateway from pymaker (the online development plateform).
- ESP32 (Expressif Systems) - dual core @ 160 MHz
- The first core is used for WiFi, Bletooth LE and take car of IPv4, IPv6 stack
- The second core is dedicated to user software and LoRa communication (via the SX1272 board of Semtech)
- RAM: 512 Kb
- Flash: 4 Mb (external)
- Hardware Floating Point acceleration
- WS2812 RGB multi-colour LED
- RTC - running at 32 KHz
- Board interface
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8x12 it ADCs
- Timers: 4x16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
- Input 3.3v to 5.5V
- Regulator 3.3V (up to 400mA)
- WiFi: 12mA in active mode, 5µA in standby
- LoRa: 15mA in active mode, 1-0µA in standby
- Specification: see the details on the manufacturer WebSite