A Nokia 6610 color display with 128x128 pixels for your DIY projects
MOD-LCD6610 is a development board with a UEXT universal connector. It can be attached and it adds LCD functionality to all other development boards.
This display device is based on the famous Nokia 6610 mobile phone display able to handle up to 4096 colors.
- NOKIA6610 screen
- 128x128 TFT LCD
- 4096 colors
- DC/DC backlight converter
- Uses either Phillips PCF8833 (GE12) controller or Epson S1D15G00 (GE08)
- UEXT to connect to host microcontroller (standard connector on our ARM development boards)
- SPI data interface on the UEXT connector
- Additonal LCD reset and backlight reset pins exposed on the UEXT connector
- 0.1" step connectors for plug-in on top of other PCB
- Dimensions: 46x40 mm
- S1D15G00 (GE-8) LCD controller datasheet
- PCF8833 (GE-12) LCD controller datasheet
- Product sheet at Olimex
What's UEXT ?
UEXT is a connector carrying I2C bus + SPI bus + Serial + 3.3v power. It use a very standard 10 Pin IDC connector. It is quite easy to add sensors and extension board with UEXT connector... just plug it or wire it with IDC ribbon! Great.
Our favorite is the carrying of I2C bus allowing to easily add several sensors and expansion board. On the other side, SPI would be welcome for fast data transmission like remote screen. The serial connexion could be made compatible with RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, DMX512, MIDI by using appropriate level-shifting circuitery.
This connector is usually available on almost Olimex's product including nano computers. It is a great way to add extension boards on products like ESP8266 WiFi microcontroler or microcontroler board. UEXT is suited for prototyping, school learning (no need for iron) and industrial solution (Olimex produces Industrial Grade boards).
See our UEXT expansion or all products exposing UEXT connector on the shop, the Olimex's UEXT collection, Wikipedia to learn more about UEXT.