This product is no more available at MCHobby
Did you know the Particle Core of Spark Labs Inc?
We presents the Particle Photon, worthy successor of the Particle Core.
Photon Kit is an IoT (Internet of Things) development kit from Particle.IO. The Photon offers everything you need to realize a connected project. Spark Labs Inc realized the Photon using a powerful ARM Cortex M3 micro controller cadenced at 120Mhz, accompanied by a WiFi support supported by Broadcom, this all in a mini module called PØ (P-Zero) no more large than a fingernail. The Photon kit includes the "photon" equipped with connectors, a small breadboard, an USB cable and some small components to launch you directly into the discovery of the Internet of Things.
Prototyping is really easy since the Photon is inserted directly into a breadboard (or prototyping plate). You can also connect it directly to a board with 2x12-pin connectors (for example: this product or the relay module). The Photon is not only powerful but also easy to use. Its small from factor makes it an ideal component for the IoT projects requiring Cloud connectivity.
To help the Maker get started quickly, the board added an excellent and robust 3.3V continuous SMPS type power supply. The power supply, the P0, the RF interface and user all fit on this very small board.
The Photon includes access to the Particle Cloud and free cloud services. The Particle Cloud has great features for making objects/projects connected, with:
- updating/programming the firmware via the WiFi connection,
- An easy-to-use REST programming interface,
- An online development environment (called build) and a IDE development environment that you can install on your computer.
This particular version of the Photon Kit includes some complementary components. You can make your first experiments by combining these components with the photon... enough to give birth to the first ideas to which you can add your own components.
- 1x Photon
- 1x a white breadboard
- 1x USB to Micro USB B cable
- 1x Photo Resistance
- 1x Red LED
- 2x Resistance of 220-Ohm
- WiFi module PØ Particle WiFi
- WiFi Broadcom chip BCM43362
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- An RGB LED (on the board) indicating the status of the Core (external control allowed)
- 18 GPIO signals - various advanced features and peripherals
- Open-Source design
- Real time operating system (FreeRTOS)
- Access point configuration via software (Soft AP setup)
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- FCC ID: 2AEMI-PHOTON (fccid.io)
Connect an external antenna
You'll need the following items to connect a 2.4GHz external WiFi antenna on this product: