5V 1000mA power supply from LiPo + charger for embedded project
This module is a Lipo Charger/Booster 5V 1A from SparkFun, it is very similar to the PowerBoost 1000 from Adafruit.
With this module, you can replace the Adafruit's PowerBoost 1000 in your project during this shortage period.
The form factor is the main difference between the SparkFun vs Adafruit.
The 5V/1A LiPo Charger/Booster is a circuit used to generates one amp at 5V from a Lithium Polymer battery. This is a no-sensing circuit which means that you cannot measure the current consumption from it. This LiPo charger board is a affordable choice using the PAM2401 booster circuit, including protection diodes so you can run multiple cells in series for an extra kick. While the PAM2401 is is action, it can draw more current from the lower voltage source (the Lipo) to boost the output voltage to 5 Volt (this is the Boster). Booster are perfect to deliver a strong charge in a small amount of time.
The board is also including the MCP73831 charge controller to control the charge on the LiPo port at 500mA by default (as well as feeding the the input of a PAM2401 boost controller). Multiple connection types are provided for the battery, charge source to allow flexibility of application.
The onboard Switch can be used to disconnect the battery from the circuit.
The two LEDs labelled "charge" and "boost" provide feedback on system status.
If you need more than 5V out of your project, the SparkFun LiPo Charger/Boosters can also be daisy-chained together to get a higher voltage for your project.
This product features:
- Charger, microUSB, 500mA with breakout
- Booster, 5V, 1A output (through hole output)
- Form factor for for 1000mAh batteries
- Battery isolation switch (with optional external connections)
- Enable pin breakout
- Disabled current less than 10µA
- LED indicators for booster (power on output) and charge
- Super-clean output signal (high-frequency switching)
- Size: 32x22mm
- More information (Schematic, technical datasheet, etc) are available on the manufacturer product sheet (see the "Documents" section)
- This board does not possess any undervoltage or other battery protection features. We do recommend to use this product with batteries having built-in protection circuit.
- The default charge current is 500mA, this board should be use with battery having at minimum 1000mAh capacity.
- For reliable charge:
1: turn on the battery switch before connecting the board on a power source.
2: do not consume more than 20mA on the 5V output.
The PowerBoost 1000 Charger from SparkFun completely assembled and tested.
Does not inclide the LiPoly battery but you can easily find some on our webshop, just select a battery capacity over 1000mAh.