Door lock solenoid
A door / drawer solenoid lock
- 650 mA
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Control a door or drawer opening with ease
Solenoids are mainly electromagnets: they consist of a large coil of copper wire and a frame. The middle of the solenoid contains a cylinder/kernel of mobile metal. When the coil is energized, the kernel is returned to the center of the coil. This makes it possible to use the solenoids to "pull" on something.
This solenoid is particularly nice and solid. It has an excellent mounting support and a bevel bolt :-). Basically, it is an "electronic lock" designed for furniture, a chest or a door. Normally, the bolt is blocked and you can't open the door (because the solenoid kernel is in the way). It doesn't use power in this state. When a voltage of 9-12VDC is applied, the kernel is attracted to the center of the solenoid releasing the mechanism of the bolt and allowing the opening of the door.
The solenoid is delivered with the support as shown in the picture. You can, however, use a cross screwdriver to open it and rotate the bolt mechanism 90, 180 or 270 degrees... so that it can easily fit your door.
You will need a transistor and a diode to drive this solenoid, see our tutorials on solenoids for how to connect such a device to an Arduino (or other microcontroller). You will need a sufficiently powerful power source because the solenoid makes a large current draw (about 500mA) to charge the electromagnet. So do not try to power this solenoid with a 9V battery!
Technical data sheet
- 12V Continuous (you can use a voltage of 9 to 12 volts continuous. However, the lower the voltage, the slower the opening will be)
- Consumes 650mA at 12V, 500 mA under 9V when activated.
- Designed for activation from 1 to 10 seconds.
- Maximum dimensions: 41.85mm x 53.57mm x 27.59mm
- Dimensions: 23.57mm x 67.47mm x 27.59mm
- Length of the wires: 222.25mm
- Weight: 147.71g
- Order a solenoid with Arduino
- Opening drawer with striking pattern (Adafruit, English)
- Remote door opening with Adafruit IO (Adafruit, English)