Produce waveform with a DDS unit based on AD9833 chipset
DDS means Direct Digital Synthesis, it is device using a a single clock reference to synthetis arbitrary frequency then creating waveform.
This grove DDS unit is based on the AD9833 programmable waveform generator + STM32F0 micro controller assuring the I2C communication with the host. The AD9833 is a SPI based peripheral.
Thanks to I2C bus communication your microcontroler can create different waveforms at output as sine wave, triangle wave, square wave output, sawtooth wave). The signal output output amplitude is 0-0.6V and can be adjust in frequency and phase. Note that sawtooth is generated at fixed frequency.
The unit supports deep sleep mode (reducing power consumption) when no signal is required (alow to create a idle state).
The Unit is suitable for the electronic circuit prototype design of various test instruments as a signal source.
This unit can be used for:
- Frequency stimulation/waveform generation
- Liquid flow and airflow measurement
- Sensor applications: proximity, motion and defect detection
- Line loss/attenuation
- Testing and medical equipment
- Scan/clock generator
- Time domain reflectometry (TDR) application
- Phase & Frequency configurable via I2C
- Interface: I2C @ 0x31
- Power: 5V
- SDA & SCL @ 3.3V
- STM32F0 @ 3.3V with custom I2C firmware
- Output Wave:
- Sine wave
- Triangle wave
- Square wave
- Sawtooth wave @ 13.6 KHz only
- DC Current
- Output Frequency: 0 to 1 Mhz (using a 10 MHz reference clock)
- Frequency Resolution: 28 bits.
- Phase resolution: 11 bits
- Output amplitude: 0 - 0.6V
- Weight: 11 gr
- Size: 71 x 24 x 8mm