Gravity : Digital / I2C Isolator
Gravity: Digital Signal Isolator is used to isolates I2C bus and provides isolated power to the sensor module. The isolator prevents the isolated sensor to interfere with the remaining of the projet. In very noisy environment it can be useful to isolate each sensor to avoids enterference between them.
The board also have an onboard 5V power isolator chip used to provides supply to the sensor module (not need for external isolated power). This is a great a module to bring power and signal isolation without modifying the projet, just insert it right in place of the projet and you are ready to power it on again.
This isolator is suited fpr water quality sensors system. Water also act as a "ground" (a weak electrical conductor) and very sensitive sensors may interfere each other. In such situation, it is a good pratice to isolate each of the sensor..
Interference are very common. A running pump in a fish tank will release signals into the water, which interferes the sensors use in tank. The only solution is "electrical isolation" to ensure the stable operation of the sensors. Sensors such as pH sensors and electrical conductivity sensors do share the same power source and make measurement in the same container,and will interfere with each other (don't be surprise if they don't work proprely). Isolating power and signal is the solution to make them working properly and offering great measurement accuracy.
The digital signal isolator (this product) is mainly used for I2C bus isolation whereas the analog signal isolator are used for analog based sensors.,
This product is works with DFRobot I2C connector sensor or modules, just plug and play, no welding. For sure, you can also use it within anykind of project.
- Onboard 5V 0.75W isolation power chip, no additional power needed, simple and convenient
- Plug and play, no welding
- Please pay attention to the operating current of your sensor or module, the maximum output current from Module side is 150mA.
- All pins on the Module side (isolation side) are isolated from all pins on the Controller side (non-isolation side). Do not short-circuit them.
- It is normal for the isolator generates heat while working.
- Operating Voltage: 5.0V
- Max Isolated Current: 150mA
- Connector Type: PH2.0-4P
- Interface Protocol: I2C / digital
- Interface Signal Level: High 3.3V, Low 0V
- Dimension: 42 * 32mm
Controller Side（Non-isolation Side)
- Supply Voltage: 5.0 ± 0.15V
- No-load Current: 15mA(TYP)
Module Side (Isolation Side)
- Output Voltage: 5.0 ± 0.15V
- Output Current: 150mA(MAX)
For each order, you will receives:
- 1x Gravity: Digital I2C Signal Isolator
- 1x Double PH2.0-4P Cable
- 1x Gravity-4P I2C/ UART Sensor Cable
- 2x XH2.54-4Pin Header