Dissolved oxygen sensor - Gravity, analogic output
Dissolved Oxygen sensor
- Power: 5V - 3.3V
- Interface: Analog 0-3.0V
- Required special usage handling
- Required NaOH solution
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Measure the Dissolved Oxygen concentration in water
This kit can measure dissolved oxygen which is compatible with Arduino microcontrollers. This sensor measure the dissolved oxygen present in the water. This measurement reflect the water quality and is widely used in many water quality applications (aquaculture, environment monitoring, natural science, etc).
Good water quality is very important to the aquatic organisms, Good fish needs good water and Dissolved oxygen is one of the key parameters to reflecting the water quality. Low dissolved oxygen in water will lead to difficulty in breathing for aquatic organisms, leading them to death.
This open-source sensor kit is compatible with Arduino but can also be used with 3.3V systems. The mesure is returned as an analogic voltage between 0 and 3.0 Volts.
This sensor kit helps you quickly to build your own dissolved oxygen detector.
The probe is a galvanic probe, no need of polarization time, and stay available at any time (but it must be maintained in good condition). The filling solution and membrane cap are replaceable meaning that the sensor is easy to maintain at an affordable cost. The signal converter board is plug and play. It can be easily integrated to any control or detecting system supporting 3.3V capable analog input.
With open-source code and detailed tutorial (see tutorial section), this product would offers a great result for detecting oxygen concentration in water for the aquatic organisms.
This product requires the 0.5 mol/L NaOH solution (not included) to work. It will not work without filling solution!
Dissolved Oxygen Probe：
1. Galvanic probe, no need polarization time
2. Filling solution and membrane cap is replaceable, low maintenance cost
Signal Converter Board：
- 1. Power supply: 3.3~5.5V compatible with most microcontroller.
- Analog Output: 0~3.0V compatible with all microcontrollers having ADC function.
- Gravity interface, plug and play, easy to use
Special Care Handling
Before using the dissolved oxygen probe, 0.5 mol/L NaOH solution should be added into the membrane cap as the filling solution of the probe.
Please note: NaOH solution has strong corrosivity. Use protective gloves to handle the solution. If a drop of the solution accidentally touch the skin, wash your skin with plenty of water immediately.
The oxygen permeable membrane in the membrane cap is sensitive and vulnerable. Handle it with great care, fingernail and sharp objects should be avoided.
During the measuring process, the probe will consume a bit of oxygen contained in the water. You need to gently stir the water and let the oxygen to be distributed evenly in water. Do not stirring violently to prevent the oxygen in the air from quickly entering into the water.
- The filling solution is 0.5 mol/L NaOH solution. You need to pour it in the membrane cap before use. Please be caution with the operation because the solution is corrosive (use gloves)!
- The oxygen permeable membrane in the membrane cap is fragile.
Be caution when handling with it.
Do not ship by air
Due to the International Import and Export Policy, the corrosive solution (acid & alkaline solution) is not allowed to deliver by air transportation. The filling solution is not included in the kit. You have to purchase it from local shop or deploy the solution by yourself, refer to tutorial FAQ-Q4.
It can’t work without filling solution! Please be caution with the purchase!
Dissolved Oxygen Probe
- Type: Galvanic Probe
- Detection Range: 0~20 mg/L
- Response Time: Up to 98% full response, within 90 seconds (25℃)
- Pressure Range: 0~50 PSI
- Electrode Service Life: 1 year (normal use)
- Maintenance Period:
- Membrane Cap Replacement Period: 1~2 months (in muddy water); 4~5 months (in clean water)
- Filling Solution Replacement Period: Once every month
- Cable Length: 2 meters
- Probe Connector: BNC
Signal Converter Board
- Operating Voltage: 3.3~5.5V
- Output Signal: 0~3.0V
- Cable Connector: BNC
- Signal Connector: Gravity Analog Interface (PH2.0-3P)
- Dimension: 42mm * 32mm
- Schematic (pdf)
- TP5551 Amplifier datasheet (pdf)
For each order, you will receive a sensor with the folowing content:
- 1x Galvanic Dissolved Oxygen Probe with Membrane Cap
- 1x Spare Membrane Cap
- 1x Signal Converter Board
- 1x Gravity Analog Sensor Cable
- 1x Waterproof Gasket
- 1x Screw Cap for BNC Connector
- 2x Plastic Dropper
- 0.5 mol/L NaOH solution not included (but required)
- Dissoved Oxygen Sensor tutorial (DFRobot, English)
Learn the specs, preparing the probe, the wiring, calibration principle, FAQ