**** traduction *****
If you did loved the BeagleBone Black Ethernet then you will be very interested by this brand new WIRELESS BEAGLE (WiFi + Bluetooth). With this wireless interface, the Beaglebone gets it ticket for the Internet of the Thing (IoT) world.
On the BeagleBone Black Wireless, the Ethernet connector has been switched with a WiFi 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n module + Bluetooth module.
This version of the BeagleBone brings anOctavo Systems OSD3358 (ARM Cortex-A8) with a clock set to 1GHz. The beaglebone still have 512MB DDR3 RAM and 4Go of eMMC flash.
On the hardware side, the BeagleBone Black Wireless also have a 3D graphical accelerator and a float calculation accelerator.
The 4Go eMMC flash storage de 4Gb embedded on the board is used to store the operating system (Debian with Cloud9 IDE and Node.js accompanied by the BoneScript library).
It also exists a Android and Ubuntu port for the BeagleBone (third party support).
The eMMC storage also offer a higher bandwidth (quite higher than SD card).
This board is saled with pre-installed OS (Debian) so you can use your board out of the box !
The BeagleBone Wireless offer the following connectivity:
- USB client for powering and communication
- USB Host
- micro-HDMI connector
- 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE
- 2x 46 pins connector
The board is ship with a USB micro-B cable (to ease the powering). No need for a microSD card, the operating system is already fashed on eMMC module of the BBB - this means that you do not need a SD card to start the board... hummm dreammy.
You can opt for additional and pratical accessorieslike a case, a 5V 2A power supply and a micro-HDMI cableI. If you want to use the Beagle without keyboard and mouse, you may appreciate the usage of a USB to Serial cable (the beagle does not have USB-to-Serial on board converter).
If you have a need for a nice Beagle display then you should have a look to the BeagleBone category.
The BBB (BeagleBone Black) manual contains lot of informations to use your BeagleBone at best.
We recommend the usage of a u5V 2A power supply to power the BeagleBone Black. The power supply connector is polarised as follow:
- "-" <----(o----> "+"
- Positive center
- Negative barrel (outer)
- Processor: AM335x 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8
- Graphical engine: SGX530 3D, 20M Polygons/S
- SDRAM memory: 512MB DDR3L 808MHz
- Flash memory: 4GB, 8bit MMC (embedded to the board)
- MicroSD connector.
- 2x PRU microcontroler (Programmable Real-Time Unit) 32-bits 200MHz
- USB 2.0 "High Speed" client connector: available via USB0, client mode via microUSB
- USB 2.0 host connector: available via USB1, type A connector, 500mA LS/FS/HS
- Serial port: available via UART0, 3.3V TTL 6 pins connector.
- WiLink 1835 WiFI - 802.11 b/g/n 2.4Ghz.
Support of the following modes: 2c2 MIMO, AP (Access Point), SmartConfig, STA, Wi-Fi Direct, Mesh over Wi-FI (based on 802.11s)
- Bluetooth 4.1 with BLE
- Power management handled by the PMIC TPS65217C together with a LDO (Low Drop Out) regulator.
- Debuging:Port JTAG CTI ) 20 pins (optional)
- Either via the microUSB connector
- Either via 5V DC jack (positive center)
- Either via the extension connector (5V pin)
- LEDs: 4 configurable LEDs - ISR0 to USR3. WiFi and Bluetooth LEDs, Power LED
- Audio/Video Interface
- HDMI interface (type D, micro HDMI)
- LCD interface
- Stereo Audio available via HDMI interface
- Extension port
- LCD, UART, eMMC
- ADC, I2C, SPI, PWM
- Weight: 38 g