USB isolator, 1000V CC, USB Full speed
USB isolator - protect your computer/laptop from USB devices controling high voltage equipements
- 1000V DC Insulation
- USB full speed
- No additional software
- CE certified
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
CE Certified - Full speed USB isolator 1000VDC
The USB-ISO is an USB 2.0 full speed 1000V isolator. This device is very useful to protect your computer (or USB host) from overvoltages or ESD discharge thank to in 1000V DC internal isolator.
Thank to the isolator, you can connect your computer/laptop to programm and debug your project wired to the power grid or high voltage components, or industrial environment.
Even if your project is not tied to higher voltage, this USB-ISO module offers an additionnal protection for your valued equipement (computer, Laptop, reading device, etc).
- USB isolation 1000VDC between USB host and USB device
- Uses ADUM4160
- Requires USB device that support USB 1.1 Full Speed mode (data rate up to 12 Mbps).
- Fits USB Audio Class 1 standard (the maximum throughput is 12 Mbps and 24 bits / 96 KHz.)
- Bidirectional communication
- Short-circuit protection for xD+ and xD- lines
- Class 3A contact ESD performance per ANSI/ESD STM5.1-2007
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/µs
- USB_DEVICE connector- which is USB-B type and have to be connected to the PC USB host.
- USB_HOST connector which is USB-A type and have to be connected to the USB device like USB equipment, audio equippment, development board, programmer, debugger etc
- DC-DC converter supplies isolated voltage to the USB_HOST from the USB_DEVICE if no external power supply is present
- Dimensions: 41.5 x 36.5 mm
Important note about powering
Power jack for external power supply +8-15VDC, note the data lines are alway isolated but the power supply lines from the external power supply are not isolated from the USB_HOST connector (the personal computer is always protected; the power supply and the device connected to the USB_HOST might influnce each other in case of fault)
Do I need to apply external power supply?
It depends. Typically, USB-ISO works without the need of an external power supply. However, some laptops and other USB host devices do not provide enough power for your USB devices. In such cases it would necessary to apply an external power supply too.
My device is not recognized when I connect it via USB-ISO. Can you send me the drivers?
USB-ISO does not require drivers. If your device is properly recognized by the personal computer without USB-ISO but unrecognized when using USB-ISO then either your device does not support Full Speed USB (12 Mbps) or your target requires more power. Note that USB-ISO can NOT work with devices that require only High Speed USB (480 Mbps) or only Low Speed USB (1.5 Mbps)!
Can I use USB-ISO for removing the ground loops between my computer and my Audio HIFI equipment?
Yes, USB-ISO isolates the grounds and according to some Audiophile customers of ours there is a significant improvement in their USB DAC sound after using the USB-ISO as an isolation for the ground loops between their computers and audio equipment. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/496735
- USB-ISO user manual (Olimex, English)