Qt Py SAMD21 - SAMD21 development plateform with Stemma QT/Qwiic connector
Qt Py is a mini development board compatible with the SeeedStudio Xiao. This development board is propeled with the SAMD21 as used on many Arduino Zero compatible development plateforms (GEMMA M0, Trinket M0).
This Qt Py SAMD21 is fitted with a StemmaQT/Qwiic connector (JST-SH 4 pins) ship an I2C bus with the power. Thanks to I2C bus technology several sensors can be connected to the same bus. As a result, a single connector allows to chain multiple Qt/Qwiic sensors sensors/actuator/displays/etc.
Thanks to the Qt connector, no need to solder, just plug the sensor program it. You will need a ! Just plug in a compatible cable and attach it to your MCU of choice. It is also possible to connect Grove sensors by using the appropriate câble.
The Py Qt SAMD21 board also fits a RGB NeoPixel with a controllable power pin (to allow for ultra-low-power mode), a reset button to restart the program (can be used to enter the bootloader with double-click).
Advanced user will find an SOIC 8 connection point under the board. Solder a GD25Q16 to get 2MB SPI Flash for more advanced usage like datalogging or file storage.
The Qt py follows the form-factor and the pinout of Seeed Xiao compatible. The board also have border pads (castellated pads) to you can solder it flat on a PCB.
Can be programmed with Arduino (works like a charm), MicroPython and CircuitPython.
- Xioa compatible: Same size, form-factor and pin-out
- USB Type C connector: see this micro-B to type C adapter (it may be handy)!
- ATSAMD21E18: Cortex M+ 32-bit @ 48 MHz. 32 bit MCU with 256 Kio Flash and 32 Kio RAM
- Native USB supported by every OS : can be used in as USB serial console, MIDI, Keyboard/Mouse HID.
- Arduino IDE, MicroPython and CircuitPython
- 1x RGB NeoPixel LED
- 11 GPIO:
- 1x DAC : analog output, can be used to play 10-bit quality audio clips in Arduino (CircuitPython does not have storage for audio clips)
- 9 x analog input (12 bits with value from 0 to 1023, SDA/SCL do not have analog inputs)
- 1 x Optional Analog Reference (AREF) on A1
- 9 x PWM outputs (A0 is analog out, A1 is not PWM capable)
- Hardware I2C port (with STEMMA QT connector)
- Hardware UART
- Hardware SPI
- Hardware I2S
- 6x Capacitive Touch (no additional components required)
- 3.3V regulator with current peak at 600mA (fiche technique)
- Optional SOIC-8 pads at the bottom (for extra SPI Flash, GD25Q16 - 2MB SPI Flash in 8-Pin SOIC)
- Reset switch: restarting project or entering bootloader mode
- Size: 21.8 x 17.9mm (Height:5.7mm)
- Weight: 2.1 gr