Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express - for CircuitPython & Arduino IDE
Between the all in one "Feather" and the super mini "Trinket", Adafruit do also "ItsyBitsy" microcontroler line.
Here is Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express, a small but powerful development board based on the ATSAMD21 Cortex M0 running at 48 MHz - it is the same MCU beating at the heart of Arduino Zero. The ItsyBitsy is still very compact and still have a lot pins for your projet.
ItsyBitsy M0 Express fits 6 power pins, 23 digital GPIO pins inside a package of 36mm long and 18mm wide. The 23 IO offers access to 13x PWM output, 11x analog in, 1x analog out. As it brings 2Mb of external Flash (SPI Flash), the ItsyBitsy is great to be used as data logging, file storage. It can be programmed with Arduino IDE, MicroPython and CircuitPython.
The ItsyBitsy is a good way to transform a "Metro M0 Express" or "Feather M0 Express" into a final and compact implementation.
The ItsyBitsy M0 is shipped with CircuitPython (derivative of MicroPython). When plugged onto a computer, the board show the file system contained into the external Flash as a very small USB disk drive. It expose the Python script (just edit main.py with your favorite text editor). Thank to MicroPython and Circuit Python, no need for a compiler or dedicated IDE, just plug it and start to code on the board. When ready, unplug your board from the computer and the script is ready to run.
ItsyBity M0 is shipped with CircuitPython + example code preprogrammed. Modify the python code or overwrite the firmware Arduino. It is as you like.
- ATSAMD21G18 32-bit Cortex M0+ @ 48 Mhz
- 256KB Internal Flash
- 32 KB RAM
- 2 Mb of external SPI FLASH (to store files and MicroPython file system).
- Micro USB connector
- Native USB supported by every OS
- Arduino: as USB serial console, Keyboard/Mouse HID
- MicroPython/CircuitPython: USB-Serial REPL, Keyboard/Mouse HID, expose little disk drive (for Python scripts storage).
- Arduino IDE - MicroPython - CircuitPython compatible
- User LED on pin #13 (red)
- DotStar RGB LED
- 23 x GPIO pins:
- 1x Analog output : 10 bits output, can play small audio clips
- 13x PWM : for servos, LEDs, etc
- 11x Analog input (12-bits - 0..4095)
- 7x Capacitive touch sensors (hardware support, no need for additional components)
- 1x special Vhigh output : provides output at VBAT or VUSB voltage (usually higher). Kindly useful to drives NeoPixels, servos and higher-current devices.
Digital 5 level-shifted output for high-voltage logic level output.
DMA-NeoPixel support on the VHigh pin to drive pixels without having to spend any processor time on it.
- NeoPixels & DotStars : available on any pin. This MCU have enough memory to drive 8000+ pixels.
- Native hardware SPI, I2C and Serial all available
- Reset button and pin
- either USB
- either external power (such as a battery)
- automatic switch over
- Weight: 2.7 gr
- Size: 36.0mm x 17.8mm x 4.3mm
Each order comes with one assembled and tested ItsyBitsy M0, with header that can be soldered in for use with a breadboard.