2x STP16 - MOSFET N-Channel 16A 60 Vdc Transistors
MOSFET Power transistor
- Channel N
- 60 V Dc
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
A 16A MOSFET transistor for easy power control
The equivalent of the NPN transistor is the Channel N MOSFET, a power transistor. This transistor having an RDS (on) (Drain-Source) less than 0.08 Ohms, it will be able to drive relatively large currents by limiting the heat dissipation (which is very interesting).
The other interesting point of this transistor is that it has a switching voltage (Vgs (th) for Gate Threasold Voltage) between 2 and 4 Volts (depends on production batch), Which allows to use it directly with 5V micro-controller. It is not excluded to be able to test it with 3.3V devices... but it depends on the effective switching voltage of the transistor between your hands, if the latter is closer to 2V it will work without problems.
Using a Channel-N is convenient and widespread.. as for NPN transistors, the Channel N MOSFET is more common than the use of the Channel P (PNP equivalent).
We will focus on the STP16NF06... MOSFET very popular among Hobbyists because it is able to support currents really very important (convenient for the control of motors but also strip LED).
In suggestion, we can propose you resistances of 100 KOhms (see below in our tutorial section)
- 2 x MOSFET Channel-N - STP16NF06
- Data sheet of STP16NF06 (STP16NF06.pdf)
- Category: Power MOSFET
- Channel Mode: Enhancement
- Channel Type: N
- Configuration: Single
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 4.6 x 9.15mm
- Height: 9.15mm
- Length: 10.4mm
- Maximum Continuous Drain Current: 16 A
- Maximum Drain Source Resistance: 0.1
- Maximum Drain Source Voltage: 60 V
- Maximum Gate Source Voltage: +/-20 V
- Maximum Operating Temperature: +175 °C
- Maximum Power Dissipation: 45 W
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -55 °C
- Mounting Type: Through Hole
- Number of Elements per Chip: 1
- Package Type: TO-220
- Pin Count: 3
- Typical Gate Charge @ Vgs: 10 nC V @ 10
- Typical Input Capacitance @ Vds: 315 pF V @ 25
- Typical Turn-Off Delay Time: 17 ns
- Typical Turn-On Delay Time: 7 ns
- Width: 4.6mm
- Our tutorial on "Hobbyist Mini Motor kit" that puts into practice the STP16NF06.
After, the use of a motor with a power MOSFET will be really... "trivial".
- As soon as we have the opportunity, we will also present a mount to order a strip LED.
- Cool your transistors, they don't like to be hot!
- The max current of an STP16NF06 goes from 16 Amp at 25°C to 11 Amp max at 100°C. So, cool down ;-)
- Using a High Frequency signal to control a transistor causes an over-temperature rise during operation (this rise can be significant!).
- To go from 0 to 1 is the equivalent of an "infinite frequency" during a very short time.
No problem if it is once in a while... but it will become important (will cause significant overheating) if it happens often... which is the case if you use a PWM signal to modulate the output power of your transistor.
Once again... Cool your transistors.