Resistors cascade - in kit
With this resistor cascade kit we wanted to fix issues of competitor products available on the DIY market.
We also wanted to offer a reliable solution, with strong contact and best tolerance resistance (as precises as possible) for an affordable price. We also wanted ou cascade to be ready to insert into an enclosure, even place several of them into the same enclosure.
- The board:
- Sized at 16.5cm wide x 4.3cm height. It is compatible with lot of commercial cases. If your case is height enough, you can even place 2 or 3 resistor cascade into the box!
- designed to be wider to than higher.... because our desk instruments devices (oscilloscope, frequence generator, etc) are designed the same way. So it stay consistant in the look and feel.
- Can be used as pattern for the holes to drill in the box :-).
- The resistors:
- Are organized with the smaller to left and bigger to right.
Turning clock-wise will increase the resistor value.
(this looks obvious but such rules are not always applied)
- Using the better tolerance for higher resistor values to minimise the global error.
- SWITCHes: are rotary ones, they offer best great and strong electrical contact.
The resistor have been selected to minimise the global error (higher tolerance means higher error).
We have selected lower tolerance for higher resistors, so it can minimise the resistor error without exploding the price of the whole resistor set.
Here the selected resistor + their tolerance
- 10 Ohms - 5% : max error +/- 0.5 Ohms
- 100 Ohms - 5% : max error +/- 5 Ohms
- 1K Ohms - 1% : max error +/- 10 Ohms
- 10K Ohms - 0.1% : max error +/- 10 Ohms
- 100K Ohms - 0.1% : max error +/- 100 Ohms