Do you need a maker ruler, something useful of electronic and DIY project?
Here is a 30cm rule that will help you to quickly know the size of many components used in the electronic area.
To start, the ruler can meaure length in inch + cm/mm, really great to transform an value from one unit to the other (and vice-versa).
Then, the rule also shows:
- 30+ size of electronic traces and electronic IC traces like SOIC-8, TO-525-3, SOT-23, 1206, SOT-223, etc
- Sample of spacing: 0.4mm to 0.8mm
- Sample of trace width in mil and mm.
- wire section in mm² and AWG
- Arial Font size (for silkscreen) as they appears on PCB
- Quantity of current (abacus, value depend on the trace's width and tickeness).
- Test point size
- Diameter conversion between Metric and Machine units (ex: #2, #4, #6, #8, #10).
Machine unit is used a lot in the USA and UK world.