This EKG/EMG ECG shield allows Arduino (or Arduino-compatible) boards to capture the electrocardiographic and electromyographic signals (muscle activity, Wikipedia). This shield opens up new possibilities for experimenting with biological feedback called "bio feedback". You can monitor your heartbeat and record your pulses, recognize movements by monitoring and analyzing muscle activity as is the case in this project.
See the excellent article "Electrocardiography" (wikipedia, English) for more information, electrode placement and signals obtained.
We also had the opportunity to meet this other very interesting YouTube video presenting a practical application of the EKG/EMG shield with these electrodes. To see... absolutely.
- Stacking header. It's possible to stack up to 6 channels connected to analog inputs A0 to A6.
- Generation of a calibration signal via digital outputs D4 / D9.
- Precise Trimmer potentiometer for calibration.
- Input connectors for normal or active electrodes.
- Works with Arduino 3.3V and 5V boards.
Please note: All boards are delivered fully assembled, tested and calibrated. You'll therefore not need to carry out the calibration by yourself unless you want to know how it works.