The most used servo-motor for animating projects
The TowerPro SG90 (or SG92R, successor who sometimes replaces it), also mentioned as "mini servo" motor, is in fact a micro servo-motor widely used in the world of model making. This is also the model available in motor assortment + motor shield.
Very light with its 9 grams and its amplitude of 180°, it will be ideal to animate your robotic/home automation projects from a micro-controller such as Arduino.
Its standard 3-wire Graupner plug (see tutorial section) and its 5-volt supply voltage make the Tower Pro directly usable on an Arduino. Indeed, the Servo.h library available in the Arduino IDE default installation is more than enough to control the TowerPro.
For each order, you receive a servo-motor with its rudder. Depending on our supply and availability available on the market, it will be an SG90 model (or his successor, the SG92R).
- Delivered with 3 rudder.
- Dimensions: 22mm x 11.5mm x 27mm
- Weight: 9 grams
- Speed: 0.12 sec/60° under 4.8v
- Couple: 1.2kg/cm under 4.8v
- Voltage: 4.8v to 6v
- Plug: Standard 3-wire Graupner
- Amplitude: from 0 to 180° (to be precise, from 5° to 175° according to our findings)
- Compatible Arduino
- Servo Tutorial for Arduino on the wiki of MCHobby.
It explains how to connect and control the servo motor from an Arduino.
- Servo Tutorial for MicroPython PyBoard
- Internet is full of examples using the TowerPro SG90 / SG92R.
Simply type "SG90" into a Google search...