Pi-Zero 2 W: The Pi 3 power inside the Pi Zero Wireless
This is the latest product from the Raspberry-Pi Foundation in the "Pi-Zero" familly!
Here the Pi-Zero 2 Wireless, bringing the Pi-Zero power up to the equivalent of a Pi 3! The Pi-Zero 2 Wireless still have 512 Mb of RAM. As the RAM is stacked on the top of the CPU, there is no way to add more but wait this new plateform do have a bunch of processing power under the cover! Really!
As you may guess, the W stand for Wireless, we still have WiFi and bluetooth capability with the Pi-Zero 2 W.
The Pi-zero 2 W do:
- have 4 cores clocked at 1 GHz. It is a 64 bits CPU (Cortex A53).
- GPU VideoCore VI offering lot of computation power.
- WiFi lan 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2 and BLE (Low Energy)
- Micro SD card slot for the operating system
- Mini HDMI connector
- CSI Camera connector (requires the CSI adapter cable for the Pi Zero)
- micro USB 2.0 OTG allowing to plug peripherals on the Pi and the Pi to act as a peripheral
- micro USB Power connector
- HAT compatible GPIO header
- Reset & Composite output available as Test point
The best in the same footprint than Pi-Zero Family! So you can still use your Pi-Zero cases and favorites extra with this new version of the Pi Zero 2 W.
This development plateform does not work alone. At the minimum, you will a microSD card to store the operating system and a good 2.5A power supply.
Here some goods you may find useful with you Raspberry-Pi Zero 2 W:
- 1GHz quad-core, 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- VideoCore IV GPU
- 512MB LPDDR2 DRAM
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- MicroSD card slot
- Mini HDMI and USB 2.0 OTG ports
- Micro USB power
- HAT-compatible 40-pin header
- Composite video and reset pins via solder test points
- CSI camera connector
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is footprint-compatible with earlier members of the Zero family.
Everything learned about Raspberry-Pi and Raspberry-Pi Zero can be applied to the Pi-Zero 2 W.