Infrared Proximity / Movement sensor
Motion detector/ Infrared proximity type PIR
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Detect moves around with this PIR proximity sensor
PIR sensors are used by humanoid robots/animals to perform motion detection. The detection distance can be up to 6 to 7 meters.
The PIR sensors is typically the technology used for motion detection implemented in alarm systems.
This sensor has an adjustable delay before signaling the event (approximately 0.3 to 18 seconds), an adjustable sensitivity and we have included a 30 cm cable including connector. It is thus possible to easily adjust or reposition the sensor on your mount. You can also use the two fixing holes available on the sensor card.
Can be powered with a voltage of 5V to 16V. If you are already using a 3V mount, you can also bypass the sensor voltage regulator (but this will require some welding).
- The output is digital (up/down) at 3.3V.
- The range of detection is from 6 to 7 meters maximum (with a cone of 120 degrees)
- Length: 24.03mm
- Width: 32.34mm
- Distance between fixing holes: 28mm
- Fixing holes (screw diameter): 2mm
- Height (with lens): 24.66mm
- Weight: 5.87g
- A tutorial with cabling and example code for Arduino (Wiki MCHobby, French)
- An other tutorial with cabling and example code for Raspberry PI available on our Wiki
- AdaFruit (our supplier) has a very detailed English tutorial with cabling diagram, project idea, sample code, etc.