Mini USB Lipo Charger - LiIon/LiPoly
Mini USB charger for Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
A mini Lipo battery charger that fits into an computer USB port
Here is one of the smallest Lipo chargers, so practical and easy to use that you can keep it permanently in your project case!
It is really easy to use, insert the part with the contacts into any USB port and a 3.7V/4.2V rechargeable Lithium Polymer or Lithium Ion rechargeable battery into the JST plug on the other side.
It is equipped with two LEDs:
- A red LED marked "CHG" that illuminates during charging.
- A red LED marked "DONE" which lights up when the battery is fully charged and ready for use.
There is really no way to make it simpler :-)
The charge is made in three steps:
- A first preconditioning charge.
- Than a fast charge with a constant current.
- Finally, a constant voltage charge to keep the battery ready for use.
By default, the charger charges the battery with a current of 100mA, which makes it possible to work with all the "size" of battery and any type of USB port.
If you wish, you can switch the charger to 500mA mode by welding (short-circuiting) the jumper on the back of the card. Only suitable for charging 500mAh batteries and more.
- Delivered assembled and tested.
- Contains a free JST cable!
- 5V input via card carrying a PCB connector (directly on the card)
- Allows charging a single Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer 3.7/4.2V battery (not suitable for old 3.6/4.1V cells)
- Charging current of 100mA, changeable to 500mA by welding the jumper at the back.
- 2-pin JST cable included for free!
- Dimensions: 30mm x 12.5mm x 8mm
- Technical data sheet of MCP73831
Battery not included.
- All about rechargeable batteries (MCHobby, French)
- All about batteries (MCHobby, French)
- Use a DC-DC controller to power projects (MCHobby, French)
- Recommended reading: our product sheet on the 5000mAh battery also contains very interesting information on the charging time and the precautions to be taken with the Lipo batteries.
- All about Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer batteries (AdaFruit , English)