Dual UART over I2C, Gravity
I2C to dual UART
- 2Mbps max
- 2 independants UART configuration
- I2C Interface (2 address bits)
- 3 - 5V compatible
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Add 2 UARTs to your MicroControler via I2C port
This module allows to add 2 UARTs with FIFO hardware buffers over I2C bus. The data transmission rate up to 1Mbps over the I2C bus. Each UART can have independant baud rate, word length and check format. The module provides 2Mbps maximum communication rate.
Thanks to the address bits, up to 4 modules can be connected onto the controller to expand its capability up to 8 hardware serial ports.
Having additional UARTs can be very useful for IoT/LoRa module, ultrasonic ranging modules, localisation modules (like GPS), barcode scanner modules, etc.
IF your microcontroler is busy with strict timing requirements tasks like IR receiving or NeoPixel/WS2818 LEDs THEN having exernal UART with its own hardware buffer will drastically reduce the complexity.
Boards like Arduino, Micro:bit, Pi-Zero usually fit 1 or 2 UARTs. Most of the case one of those UART is already in use for programming, monitoring, debugging.
- I2C to dual UART
- Up to 2Mbps communication rate
- Expand up to 8 hardware serials (2 address bit configuration)
- Sub UART receive/transmit independently
- Independent setting for baud rate and word length of Sub UART
- Hardware FIFO buffer of 256 bytes (each UART) for RX & TX.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 to 5.5 V
- Operating Current: < 3mA
- Communication Port: I2C on Gravity 4 Pins
- UARTs: 2
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85°C
- Dimension: 32.5 x 27mm
- Breakout of IRQ & RST pins
For each order, you will receive a I2C to Dual UART module and 4 wire gravity cable.
- Product Wiki page (DFRobot, English)