FeatherWing Prop-Maker : Neopixel, RGB, Accelerometer, Audio Class D
FeatherWing for props project
- NeoPixel port
- RGB driver (3 Watt)
- LIS3DH 3-axis accelerometer
- Class D amplifier
- Energy saving mode
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Want the propeler board for maker project? Here the Prop-Maker FeatherWing!
Adafruit Feather is a great development plateform for small, portable, rechargeable project. This extension board for the Feather Eco-System will be great for prop build!
This FeatherWing brings many useful inferfaces for sabers & swords, props, toys, cosplay and more.
This affordable extension offers the following features:
- NeoPixel port: a 3-pin JST connector to plug your NeoPixel strips (JST-wired) directly on the board. The NeoPixel port provides high current drive from USB Port -OR- Lipoly port (of the Feather). The board includes a level shifter gives voltage signal clean and ready for the NeoPixels (less glitchiness and appropriate for any voltage logic).
- 3W RGB LED drivers: 3 high current MOSFETs to control RGB LEDs up to 3 Watts (a lot of light). This driver is attached to PWM pins (available at this same position on the most For most Feathers, the 3 pins used are PWM capable (so you can controls the color mixing).
- Triple-Axis Accelerometer: the LIS3DH is accelerometer that can be used for motion detection, tilt or taps. By example, you can make a sound and flashing when light saber does hit something. The LIS3DH chip is supported in Arduino and MicroPython.
- Class D Audio Amplifier: will allow your project to make sound effects by driving a speaker (3W @ 4 Ohms, 1W @ 8 Ohms). Plug the PicoBlade connector of your speaker The Audio amplifier is wired to the A0 analog out (used to generate sounds like the Feather M0 Express and Feather M4.
- Low power mode: the RGB LED, NeoPixels and speaker amplifier power can be controlled by a pin (cutting out the power to them). So you can lower/cut-off the power when the prop is in sleep (but can still read the accelerometer, detect TAP or listening to the button press). When Power pin is LOW the current falls around 1mA (NeoPixels draws ~1mA when not lit).
- Breakouts hole for enable pin and ground pins: attach a slide switch to power down the whole board)
- Breakouts holes for external user switch pin and ground.
Several of the items on the extension board uses PWM and analog outputs to work properly. So more advanced Feather boards are suited to take advantage of the Prop-Wing. Eg: Feather M0 Express or Feather M4 or Feather ESP32 series will offer the bests results in Arduino and CircuitPython. With such board, it is easy to play audio directly from the flash ship.
Please note the following limitations with following Lower Powerful Feathers development boards:
- Feather 32u4 and Feather 328p: do not have PWMs for all the RGB LED pins. No analog audio output support.
- Feather nRF52 and Feather ESP8266: do have PWMs on all the RGB LED pins. No analog audio output support
- Feather M0 basic: only have audio output support in Arduino (not in CircuitPython).
- Feather ESP32: have the ESP8266Audio library which is capable of analog audio output even on ESP32.
You can still use this extension board with a Feather ESP8266 or nRF52832 but you can't get sound effect any sound effects. The accelerometer, NeoPixels, RGB LED, etc will work properly.
For each order, you will receive the prop-maker FeatherWing completely assembled and tested. Feather Microcontroler board, LEDs, Speaker, NeoPixel etc are not included.
The Prop-Maker is ship with a section of PinHeader that you can solder on the board.
- Main guide for the PropMaker FeatherWing (Adafruit, English)
Guide to benefits of the Prop-Maker's power for your next props projet.
- Other Prop-Maker tutorial (Adafruit, English)