Magnetic door opening detector - simple and efficient
This sensor is mainly a magnetic contact commonly called "reed switch". The contact is inserted in a molded plastic support. At rest, therefore without solicitation of the magnet, the reed switch is open (no connection between the two wires). When the magnet is present, the contact is closed.
This type of sensor is mainly used to detect the opening of a cabinet door, which is why it is supplied with fixing lugs and screws. This model is a little more bulky but it also supports higher spacings to other magnetic switches.
- reed switch + corresponding magnet
- 4 fixing screws
- The application of a double-sided tape (to facilitate positioning)
- 25 cm of wires to connect more easily the Reed Switch on your projects.
To mount a magnetic door contact, we suggest that you have a 10kOhms resistor and a 100Ohms protection resistor.
- Magnetic contact (reed switch) normally open
- ABS molded plastic. Surface mount with screws (screws not included)
- Maximum current: 500 mA
- Maximum voltage: 100 VDC
- Activation distance: ~25mm
- Case size (by case): 62.5mm x 16.5mm x 16.5mm
- Length of the cable: 25cm
- Weight: ~29g
- Lifetime: 1.000.000 cycle at 6V DC, 10mA
- Temperature: -10 to 60°C
Since the magnetic door contact behaves exactly like a push button, it is not necessary to provide anything other than resistors to mount a pull-up circuit (or pull-down) according to your choice.