Door openning detector, simple and efficient
This sensor is mainly a magnetic contact commonly called "reed switch". The contact is inserted in a molded plastic support. At rest, therefore without solicitation of the magnet, the reed switch is open (no connection between the two wires).
The other half of the sensor is a magnet. When the magnet is within 13mm of the switch, it closes.
This type of sensor is mainly used to detect the opening of a cabinet door, which is why it is supplied with fixing lugs and screws. The latter are also equipped with double-sided tapes for easy installation without having to screw the screws.
- Reed switch + corresponding magnet
- 4 fixing screws
- The application of a double-sided tape (to facilitate positioning)
- 25 cm of wires to connect more easily the Reed Switch on your projects.
To mount a magnetic door contact, we suggest that you have a 10kOhms resistor and a 100Ohms protection resistor.
- Reed switch normally open
- ABS molded plastic
- Maximum current: 100 mA
- Maximum voltage: 200 VDC
- Activation distance: 10-15mm
- Cases size (by case): 27mm x 14mm x 8.7mm
- Length of the cable: 25cm
- Weight (by case): ~5.2g
Since the magnetic door contact behaves exactly like a push button, it is not necessary to provide anything other than resistors to mount a pull-up circuit (or pull-down) according to your choice.