[T] - I2C Backpack for LCD
I2C backpack for LCD screen compatible with standard HD44780 (16 pins).
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Easily control an LCD screen with only 2 wires and this I2C controller
The I2C backpack allows you to easily control an LCD screen using only two Arduino pins (A4 and A5 of the I2C bus). It's a very useful tool given the very limited number of pins on an Arduino Uno. If you have already connected several sensors to your Arduino, you'll not have enough pins left to control an LCD screen ... this I2C breakout will be your savior.
The standard HD44780 displays are really useful for creating stand-alone projects, however they require many pins if you interface them directly with an Arduino platform.
Here we propose this backpack which allows you to control HD44780 compatible screen like our 2 lines white/blue screen (or the 4 lines screen of this product).
Using an I2C LCD screen is a great Arduino project, a good introduction to I2C and a useful tool for your future projects.
The great thing about the I2C bus is that you can have other I2C devices on the same bus (without consuming more pins). You can even use several LCD screens on the same Arduino because this breakout has address pins (to change the address of the breakout on the I2C bus).
Thanks to the LiquidCrystal_I2C Arduino library, taking control of this screen is really child's play (see Tutorial section). The library supports the I2C 1602 interface. Tested and approved by MCHobby.
For each order, you'll receive:
- The assembled I2C LCD controller (the backpack)
You will however need to take out your soldering iron to weld the backpack (I2C controller) on your LCD screen.
Technical details of the backpack
- Interface: I2C
- I2C Address: 0x27 (default)
- Pin identification: VCC、GND、SDA、SCL
- 16-pin LCD screen control based on HD44780 controller (like our 2 Line white / blue screen or 4 line screen)
- Supply voltage: 5V
- Size: 27.7mm×42.6mm
- Contrast adjustment: with potentiometer
- Uses only two input/output.
- Also works with 20x4 white/blue screens.
- Document presenting the HD44780 commands (pdf)
- Pin description (pdf)
- A detailled tutorial for Arduino in French (on the MCHobby's Wiki)
Works with 2x16 and 4x20 screens
- MicroPython driver for I2C backpack (GitHub MCHobby, French & English)
Use a LCD I2C Liquid Crystal display with your MicroPython board