Create your own 4 pins Molex connector
One of the sensitive points of assemblies/projects remains the connection of remote sensors or motors. They must indeed be synchronized using flexible wire on your card.
Several options are available:
- Solder directly the wires on your projects (not recommended)
- Using a shield with terminal (practical but risk of errors in case of frequent connections).
- Using plug connector as proposed in this kit (use them with PinHeader)
This kit allows you to make compatible connectors yourself together with straight pinHeader or angle pinHeader (males) available on the perfboard, Arduino Shield or your custom board... just use the 2.54mm standard spacing pinHeader.
As you can use wires up to 0.5mm² (see our wire category), this connector kit can be used in a wide variety of sensor, motor, device application (eg: some 12V motor).
This kit does brings advantages to your project:
- Quick and easy connexion.
- Compact and using the common 2.54 spacing.
So can be used with your prototyping board, perfboard, etc.
- Compatible with 90° angle pinHeader!
- You can use any wire length with them!
- No need for screw terminals (less error prone).
- Easy to assemble (see our assembly tutorial), no need for special tool!
- Can be used with wire up to 0.5mm²... can also be used with 12V motors :-)
- 5 housing of 1 row, 4 pins, 2.54mm spacing
- The expected number of female pins.
- 2 spare connectors.
- Suited for 30 AWG -> 24 AWG (0.05mm² -> 0.2mm²)
You can wire such connector without specialized tool (crimp tool to crimp the wire into the connector can be very expensive). So we made a small tutorial in French to help you without using the crimping tool.