15 avp. 2019: since today, we have replace the OpenBeam kits with the MakerBeam XL (also available as 15x15mm).
A MakerBeam pre-cut XL-beam kit for projects requiring higher mechanical resistance
If you want to combine different devices like a microscope, a raspberry pi microcomputer, a control board, motors and more you will need MakerBeam. They are available in 2 flavors: the regular 10x10mm and the XL edition 15x15mm. Think - Build - Enjoy!
This is a 15 x 15mm beam kit packet into a nice quality storage box with multiple compartments.
15 x 15mm sections beam are stronger and more resistant from mechanical perspective. They would be suited for high load mechanical projects. The beams are anodised, have threaded holes each end and have a hollow core.
This kit consist of:
- 40 beams anodised in black (8x 50mm, 8x 100mm, 8x 150mm, 8x 200mm, 8x 300mm),
- 12 corner cubes (15x15x15mm) anodised in black,
- 48 stainless steel brackets,
- 1 bag of 6mm hex head bolts (M3),
- 1 bag of 6mm button head socket bolt (M3),
- 1 bag of nuts (M3),
- 8 end caps,
- a hex nut driver + a hex key driver.
It's now time to imagine and build