An H-Bridge capable to drive 2 motors in the 2 rotations direction
Here is a really useful breakout board! Based on a L298N (Double H-bridge) it contains all the elements needed to easily motorize two continuous motors from a microcontroller. The breakout board can be connected directly to a microcontroller.
Since the heart of this product is a double H-bridge L298, each of the motor is controllable in both directions of rotation!
It is also possible to control the speed of these by applying a PWM signal on the corresponding "Enable" pin of the H-bridge.
Our breakout board has a dissipation circuit, which allows it to maintain a current of 2 amperes. It can power your motors using an independent voltage source (up to ~35V DC).
Equipped with its essential protection diodes but also a voltage regulator, the designers of this breakout board has also provided connections "Current Sense" allowing the measurement in real time of the loads of the H-bridge. This feature is not active by default but remains fully accessible when needed.
This breakout board is also suitable for the control of a 4-wire stepper motor (see our documentation).
Ideas of use
- Motor-based mounting control
- Control of the motors of an unmanned vehicle (car, "tank")
- Stepper motor control (4 wires)
- Light, small
- Unmatched capabilities for motor control
- Diodes of protection
- A dissipator (to dissipate heat in case of heavy loads)
- A selector to select the power source
- 4 Selectors for Pull up resistors
- Output for 2 continuous motor / 1 stepper motor (4 coils, two phases)
- LED indicator for motor direction of rotation
- LED indicator for 5V power supply
- 4 standard fixing holes
- Power control component: L298N
- Power supply: +6V to +35V
- Max current (peak): 2A
- Vss Logic control voltage: +5 to +7V (internal +5V supply)
- Logic control current: 0 to 36mA
- Voltage for direction control: Low -0.3V~1.5V, high: 2.3V~Vss
- Voltage for "Enable" control: Low -0.3V~1.5V, high: 2.3V~Vss
- Max power: 25W (Temperature 75 ℃)
- Operating temperature: -25℃ to +130℃
- Dimensions: 60mm x 54mm
- Weight: ~48g