Here is a great real-time clock (also known as RTC) equipped with a battery to stay on time even when your project is off or while you reprogram your micro-controller.
This clock is an AdaFruit product... and therefore fully documented :-)
The breakout is perfect for data-logging projects, clock construction, time dependent, timer, alarm, etc. The DS1307 is the most popular RTC clock, and works perfectly with 5V micro-controllers like Arduino.
This breakout board is a kit and requires some welding operations that should not exceed 15 minutes.
- All components including the board (PCB), pinHeader and battery included.
- Quick to assemble and use.
- Can fit on any breadboard. You can also use wires.
- Sample code and library for Arduino (AdaFruit, see tutorial section).
- Two mounting holes.
- One battery should be enough to maintain the time for 5 years or more.
- Length: 24.21mm
- Width: 30.44mm
- Height: 5mm
- Weight: 4g
- Mounting hole: 3.3mm
Need more precision?
The DS1307 is simple, inexpensive but is not a high-precision peripheral. It can win or lose up to 2 seconds a day. If you need more precision, and a clock that compensates for the effects of temperature, send us an e-mail to request the import of the "ChronoDot".