A high-quality official camera for Raspberry-Pi for interchangeable lens (C-Mount and CS-Mount)
The foundation is offering us a new camera (lens sold separately) and as usual, the foundation has set the bar very high:
- 12.3 MegaPixel (sony IMX477R, 7.9mm diagonal)
- Interchangeable lens (cs-mount support)
- Better sensitivity (doubled capture surface)
- Best performance in low light
- C-Mount to CS-Mount adapter
To start, this new camera uses the CSI interface like all other Raspberry-Pi cameras. Then, we now have a 12 megapixel camera offering a resolution of 4000 x 3000 pixels (that of photographic devices). The video capture will also be present as on the previous models.
Claimed for years, the CS-Mount support is now present on the camera. This support allows you to place the CSMount lens of your choice. The CSMount standard is widely used in the world of remote monitoring and it is therefore not difficult to obtain it. Be careful however, it's an optical element and, therefore, its quality directly impacts that of the captured image.
The sensor is visible on the bottom of the C-Mount base in machined aluminum + CS-Mount adapter, this sensor is protected by a transparent part. This protective element is rarely present on inexpensive models, a breach which is the source of many defects. With the HQ Cam, we can therefore count on a high-quality and reliable product.
Finally, the camera module also has a mounting nut, also a standard in the photographic world, which allows the HQ Raspberry-Pi Camera to be fixed on a tripod support or any other support exposing this same 1/4" standardized screws.
With the HQ camera, the foundation is now also aimed at professionals. We can expect to see this type of camera in meeting rooms, security products, industries, etc.
It will, of course, require high-performance peripherals to quickly store its information in order to reduce the latency time. A RAM disk or a USB storage device will therefore be considered.
Please note: this product requires a CS-Mount or C-Mount lens to be used with your Raspberry-Pi board, see our comparison table of available lens (MCHobby, Wiki)
For each order, you'll receive an official HQ Camera, C-CS adapter and a connection ribbon.
The lens isn't included but several models are available on our WebShop.
We propose you an official 6mm lens wide angle) and official 16mm lens (telephoto) of quality approved by the foundation.
Other CSMount lenses are also available on our shop.
Before connecting the camera, your Raspberry-Pi must be turned off and disconnected from its power. This product is naturally sensitive to electrostatic discharge. Please handle it under the proper conditions.
- Sony IMX477R (stacked, back-illuminated)
- 12.3 MegaPixels
- Diagonal of 7.9mm
- Pixel size: 1.55µm x 1.55 µm
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, Class B Digital Device
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC): 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS): Directive 2011/65/EU
- Back focus: adjustable back focus (12.5mm to 22.4mm)
- Standard C-Mount and CS-Mount lenses (C-CS adapter included)
- Integrated infrared filter
- Connection ribbon 200mm
- Support for Tripod 1/4"-20, machined aluminum
- Compatible with all Raspberry-Pi models from model 1 B (a special cable is required for Pi-Zero)
- Requires a Raspbian update to support this new sensor.
Datasheet (pdf, Fondation Raspberry-Pi)
Documentation & Tutorial
The official HQ Camera works like any other Raspberry-Pi camera.