Raspberry Pi Build HAT - LEGO Robotics For Raspberry Pi
Lego Build Hat pour Raspberry-Pi
- LEGO® Education SPIKE, LEGO® MINDSTORMS
- 4x LPF2 connectors
- Jack 2.1mm
- 7.5V Battery Pack or 8V DC PSU
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Build Lego Robots and control them with Raspberry-Pi
The Raspberry Pi Build HAT is a Raspberry Pi add-on board to control LEGO Technic motor and sensor. It connects to the 40-pin GPIO header and allows to control up to motors and sensors. Just check the LEGO Education SPIKE Portfolio.
The Build HAT has been designed with all the components on the bottom, leaving room on the top of the board can be used for LEGO Minifigures or small breadboard for prototyping.
The Build HAT connects directly to your Raspberry Pi with the attached header and the 9mm spacers will keep it stable and secure on the Pi. You can also use an extra-tall header passing through the Build Hat connector and still having access to free GPIO (not used by the Build Hat). Just make sure that Build HAT is the right way when installing it on your Raspberry Pi! Components must be downard!
The Build Hats provides four connectors for LEGO motors (LEGO Technic) and sensors (LEGO Education SPIKE) - Sold separately. The available LEGO sensors features are: distance sensor, color sensor, force sensor. The angular motors come in a range of sizes and include integrated encoders that can be queried to find their position.
The Build HAT can be used with all Raspberry Pi computers exposing a 40-pins GPIO. This includes Raspberry Pi 4 and Raspberry Pi Zero. An extension device/cable like the ribbon extension cable would allow you to use the build hat with Raspberry Pi 400.
Python can be used to control your LEGO Technic devices, alongside with other Raspberry Pi accessories (eg: camera module).
The Raspberry Pi Build HAT must be powered with a 8V 6Amp power supply (available separately). The power supply will energize the Build HAT + Raspberry Pi computer + LEGO devices. A 7.5V battery pack can also be used to creates an autonomous robot.
- Python Library (pdf, english)
- Serial Protocol (pdf, english)
- Build Hat GitHub
- Supports motors and sensors included in:
- LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Portfolio,
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor kit (second generation, check connectors)
- other LEGO devices using a LPF2 connector
- Fits any Raspberry Pi computer with a 40-pin GPIO header (including, with the addition of a ribbon cable or other extension device, Raspberry Pi 400)
- Developed Python library supports students and makers to create and learn
- DC power connector: 2.1mm barrel jack, center positive
- Powers your Raspberry Pi computer (except Raspberry Pi 400) and connected LEGO Technic devices when used with an external 8V ±10% DC power source, such as the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power Supply or a 7.5V battery pack
- Onboard Raspberry Pi RP2040 microcontroller manages low-level control of LEGO Technic devices
For eah order, you will receive the Build Hat and spacer.
This product requires a Raspberry-Pi to work. We do also recommend the usage of 8V 6Amp power supply .
- Getting started guide (pdf, 10Mo)