This product has been removed.
Need to establish a serial connection via Bluetooth? Here is the product that should meet your requirement in the best conditions.
This HC-05 module is a Serial Bluetooth transceiver Slave Master.
We did initiallly selected this module to establish a wireless serial connextion with our MicroPython Pyboard. This was for the Doggy project. Thank to this module, we can transfert files to our Pyboard from our Linux machine by using RSHell.
You can also use this module with 5V microcontroler like Arduino. Since it is compatible with 3.3V logic, you can use this module with a variety of plateforms.
If you can read french, the "Hackable Magazine N° 15" of Nov.-Dec. 2016 includes a complete article about the HC-05 module. You will learn how to reconfigure the module with AT command. This is very useful if you want to change the name of the module.
This Bluetooth serial module is a "Bluetooth Classic" Module.
Be aware that Bluetooth classic - not compatible with Bluetooth LE (also named Bluetooth BLE or Bluetooth Smart).
The Bluetooth 4.0 specification (issued on 2010) also include the Bluetooth Classic & Bluetooth LE protocols BUT the manufacturer is not forced to implement all of them.
As a result, some Bluetooth 4 device/smartphone may support this Bluetooth Classic module and some other may not support it.
- Power supply:DC 3.3V
- Interface level 3.3 V, can be directly connected to a variety of microcontroler (51, AVR, PIC, ARM, MSP430, etc.), 5V microcontroller can also be connected directly, without MAX232 nor through MAX232.
- LED indicates a bluetooth connection state,flash means no Bluetooth connection, slow flash said into the AT mode, double flash said bluetooth connection and open the port.
- Effective distance: 10 meters
- Can enter AT command mode by raising the 34 feet (named KEY) to set parameters and query information.
- Pinout including common TXD, RXD, STATE (if any) pin, easy to use
- Set EN Enable pinout, floating or connected to high when the module to work, grounding off the module power (after closing current <20uA) to reduce power consumption
- Board Size: 16.2 * 37.5 mm