High fidelity DAC sound card for Raspberry-Pi
HiFiBerry offers Pi audio cards with high audio quality.
This is the HiFiBerry DAC+ (Analog output) with a pair of RCA connector. It can be connected to a Raspberry Pi 3, Pi 2, A+ and B+ (no need for welding).
At HiFiBerry, they like Raspberry Pi, its small size, low consumption and flexibility. However, the sound produced by the card is not really good... the audio interface was not designed to produce high fidelity sound. HiFiBerry can add high quality sound to your Raspberry Pi. The HiFiBerry card is designed to produce optimal sound quality, so it is an optimal solution for all Pi users who love music. The card is compatible with the Rapberry Pi 3, Pi 2, A+, B+ models (but not the old A and B models). The HiFiBerry are available in different models DAC+ (Analog output), Digi+ (Digital output) and Amp+ integrating an amplifier.
HiFiBerry products plug directly into the GPIO port of the Raspberry Pi. All cards are supported by the standard Raspbian kernel from the Raspberry Pi distribution. HiFiBerry is committed to Open-Source software, so that all drivers are available in Open-Source and HiFiBerry gladly support developers who want to use the HiFiBerry in their software.
HiFiBerry products are already assembled and there is no need to make weld to use the HiFiBerry card.
For us hackers in electronics
HiFiBerry had the great idea to make a breakout of the GPIO pins. So, even with the connectors already welded, it remains possible to connect your sensors, cobbler, etc. Opt for two-step weld, a first row of 20 PinHeader pins and then the second row of 20 pins. Attempting to weld a dual-rank connector will be much more difficult.
You will also find a breakout of:
- The 5V power supply - we advise you not to use it to avoid bringing "noise" on the power supply.
- The left/right signals and the ground - practical if you have an amplification electronics to connect directly to the card.
- The Audio Jack - even if the Jack is not supplied and welded, you could easily place one on this slot.
The fully assembled HiFiBerry card, and four M2.5 x 12mm spacers to fix the card on your Raspberry-Pi. This card is a version with RCA connector. It is however possible for you to weld the Jack connector on the card (see this picture where the Jack connector is welded under the card)
Raspberry-Pi not included.
- HAT for Raspberry-Pi A+, B+, Pi 2, Pi 3
- High Quality - 24 bit/192 KHz, DAC Burr-Brown for the best audio quality.
- Audio volume controlled materially.
you can control the output volume using "alsamixer" or any application that supports the ALSA Mixer control.
- Directly powered by the Pi.
No need for additional power.
- Ultra-low-noise regulator for optimal audio performances
- Integrated EEPROM for automated configuration (with write protection).
- Supported by most Linux distributions for Raspberry-Pi (dixit HiFiBerry)
- Weight: 20 gr
- Dimensions: 55 x 65 x 10 mm