Raspberry-Pi Camera - 8 MegaPixels - V2
Camera module for Raspberry PI - 8 Mega Pixels
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
Official Pi Camera with a 8 Megapixel resolution
The new 8 Mega Pixels high resolution Camera Module for Raspberry Pi 3, Pi 3B+, Pi 2 or Pi Zero (you will need a special camera cable). It is the Camera Module Version 2, specially designed for this platform.
Its connected to the Pi via one of the two connectors mounted on surface of the Pi card. The camera connects using the dedicated CSI interface, specifically provided for this purpose. A CSI bus is able to transmit information at an extremely high rate, and it only transport graphic data (pixel data).
The card is very small, about 25mm x 23mm x 9mm (a bit bigger than the version 1 that was 25x20x9). The weight is around 3gr, making it an ideal companion for your mobile applications where weight and bulk are important factors.
The camera connects to the Raspberry Pi via the ribbon, it is thus connected directly to the processor via the CSI bus of the Pi, a wider bandwidth link to carry graphic data from the camera to the processor.
The sensor has a resolution of 8 mega pixel and has a focus lens attached directly to the card. In term of images, the camera is able to capture static images of 3280 x 2464 pixels/dots (compared to 2592 x 1944 for version1) and also supports video in 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolution.
The camera is supported in the latest version of the Raspbian, the preferred operating system of the Raspberry Pi users.
Nothing like a few videos...
- Video where James Adams shows how to plug and configure the camera on your Pi (Raspberry Pi, YouTube, English, valid for all camera and raspberry-pi versions)
- Small card: 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- Optical: 1/4"
- Sensor 8 Mega Pixels (3280×2464 pixels) Sony IMX219 with fixed Focus module
- Support 1080p30, 720p60 and video recording 640x480p60/90
- 1.4 µm X 1.4 µm per pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low noise, low interference)
Documentation & Tutorial
- This beautiful article on the Pi camera published on Framboise314 (with use commands)
- Documentation (pdf, English, non official documentation, source: AdaFruit)