Did you know the Particle Core of Spark Labs Inc?
We present to you the Particle Photon, a worthy successor to the Particle Core.
Photon alone with connector allows you to bring your IoT (Internet of Things) developments to life. The Photon offers everything you need to realize a connected project. Spark Labs Inc made the Photon using a powerful ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller clocked at 120Mhz, accompanied by WiFi support supported by Broadcom, all in a mini module called PØ (P-Zero) no more as big as a nail. The Photon is delivered alone with the connectors (pinHeader) welded.
Note that there is also another version of this product which is the photon kit (kit including the "photon", a small breadboard, a USB cable and some small components allowing you to get started directly in the discovery of the Internet of Things ).
Prototyping is really easy since the Photon fits directly into a breadboard (or prototyping plate). You can also connect it directly to a board with 2x12-pin connectors (for example, this product or the relay module). The Photon isn't only powerful but also easy to use. Its small form factor makes it an ideal component for IoT projects needing connectivity in the Cloud.
To help the Maker get started quickly, the board has added an excellent and robust 3.3V DC SMPS type power supply. Power, P0, RF and user interface all fit on this tiny board.
The Photon includes access to the Particle Cloud and free cloud services. The Particle Cloud has great features to realize connected objects/projects, with, among other things:
- Firmware update/programming via WiFi connection,
- An easy-to-use REST programming interface,
- An online development environment (called build) and an IDE development environment that you can install on your computer.
This version of Photon doesn't include any additional elements. You just have the photon with its pinHeader (connector) already welded on it. You can use it with your breadboards and prototyping plate. We also propose you a half-size prototyping plate to permanently fix your mount once it has left the prototyping stage.
- 1x Photon
- 1x 2x12 Pin connector already welded on the photon
- Particle Wi-Fi PØ Wi-Fi module
- Broadcom BCM43362 WiFi chip
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- An RGB LED (on the board) indicating the status of the Core (external control allowed)
- 18 GPIO signals - various features and advanced peripherals
- Open-Source design
- Real-time operating systems (FreeRTOS)
- Access point configuration via software (Soft AP setup)
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- FCC ID: 2AEMI-PHOTON (fccid.io)
Connect an external antenna
You will need the following elements to connect a 2.4GHz external WiFI antenna to this product: