HiFi Shield PLUS for ODroid C1+ & C2
HiFi Shield Plus for ODroid C1+ & C2
Payments are secured by LyraCollect, a French payment collection company.
It is possible to delivered to your home, to a pick-up point or picked up by appointment at MCHobby
We prepare, pack and ship your orders with great respect and care.
The HiFi Shield Plus is a high-resolution Digital to Analog Converter(DAC) for the ODROID-C2 and ODROID-C1+. This is a special sound card for the C2 and C1+, that is optimized for the best fidelity audio playback quality. It delivers a nicely balanced sound, solid, deep, wide and nicely layered.
The HiFi Shield Plus provides both stereo RCA connectors and a 3.5mm stereo jack (all gold-plated) to connect to external amplifiers and other audio equipment. Via TI's high-end PCM5102 DAC chip(known as Burr-Brown), it supports 16, 24, 32 bit audio formats with minimal distortion (-93dB) and ideal dynamics (110dB+), plus amazing sampling rates of 384kHz
The dedicated S/PDIF interface is newly added which supports up to 192kHz/24bit resolution via new Optical (Toslink) output.
Using the I2S expansion on the C2 / C1+, we save a USB port and allow the user to select their audio playback system of choice, such as Volumio, RuneAudio or XBMC/Kodi for HiFi audio playback.
- The output ports include gold-plated stereo RCA terminals and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- An ultra-low noise dropout regulator is coupled with two solid capacitors for the power supply, significantly reducing power supply noise and greatly increasing the signal to noise ratio.
- The I2S interface allows for direct decoding of the digital input to analog output using master clock synchronization.
- The PCB surface is comprised of gold-plating on top of 2 oz. of copper, ensuring signal continuity and reducing signal reflection and refraction.
HardKernel has analysed the the audio quality of the HiFi Shield Plus DAC output with the famous industry standard equipment, Audio Precision. The Audio Precision is a high performance audio analyser optimized for the digital audio product. You will find the various graphs in the product sheet.
Not for Android
This HiFi shield is not functional with Android. HardKernel have no plan to support the Android OS to enable the I2S driver for Android Kernel and HAL.
- Ubuntu/Linux setup
- guide for ODROID-C2 (HardKernel, English)
- guide for ODROOID-C1+ (HardKernel, English)
- Official Volumio OS support (volumio.org, English)
- Official Runeaudio OS support (runeaudio.com, English)
- PCB mechanical drawings (AutoCAD format) : Download HERE (HardKernel, English)
- Schematics : Download HERE (HardKernel, English)