Picade : the board to transform a computer into arcade cabinet
The Pimoroni Picade controller card is an Arduino-compatible card incorporating a 3W stereo amplifier designed for arcade projects (such as the Picade arcade terminal or the Picade arcade console). This card is the essential element allowing you to make your own home arcade console project.
This controller is fully assembled and acts as a keyboard when plugged into a USB port. This controller also has a default key-mapping. The key-mapping is this correspondence "keyboard key pressed" with the "arcade button" pressed.
You can nevertheless reprogram this key-mapping using Arduino IDE. The connections are made using screw terminals, ideal for permanent installation.
This card uses the same micro-controller as a Leonardo Arduino, (an ATmega32U4) and is installed with an Arduino boot-loader and the Pimoroni's Picade software.
- Powered by an ATmega32U4 micro-controller (32KB, 2.5K RAM @ 16MHz)
- ISP 6-pin connector for a direct programming (also preloaded with Arduino boot-loader)
- Includes a 3W stereo amplifier (PAM8407) for 4Ω speakers.
- Appears as a USB peripheral HID device (a keyboard) on the host.
- Screw terminal to connect: a 4-way joystick, 12 buttons and 2 speakers.
- Reset button
- Mounting holes
- Indicators: Power, Boot-load, TX and RX (serial port)