It's not just a simple breakout board, this microSD adapter goes further, it's also designed to facilitate its use.
- Voltage regulator 5v-> 3v on the board capable of delivering 150mA for energy-hungry boards.
- A 3v logic converter, which means that this breakout can be easily used with 3.3v or 5v systems.
- Uses an integrated circuit for logic conversion, not resistors. So less problem and faster read/write access.
- Use 3 or 4 digital pins to read and write on 2Gb + storage boards!
- An LED indicating read/write activities on the SD card.
- 4 mounting holes (#2)
- A "push-push" type board holder (push to insert, push to remove) with the card which protrudes slightly from the board for easy insertion and extraction of the microSD card.
- Delivered with a 2.54mm pinHeader (not welded), so you can use it either with a breadboard, or connect it with wires - at your choice.
- Assembled and tested in the AdaFruit factory.
- Works perfectly with Arduino, with a ton of example code and connection diagram.
Use with an Arduino
To use the board with an Arduino, connect:
- GND to ground
- 5V to 5V
- CLK on pin 13
- DO on pin 12
- DI on pin 11
- and CS on 10.
Then you can use the super SDfatLib library which supports the FAT and FAT32 SD cards.
To know how to get started with this product, you can read:
Some AdaFruit tutorials using this product
AdaFruit also provides some interesting resources.